Friday, 2 March 2012

Define Success Your Way!



How many times have you thought success always seemed to happen to the other guy, or gal? I know I have. And how many times have you set goals intended to make a positive difference to your life and the lives of your loved ones? And for whatever reason, they just didn't quite happen. But they're still there niggling away in the back of your mind. And sooner or later, you KNOW you'll just HAVE to do something about them.

First off, your goals have to be specific to YOU. Don't allow someone else's life to be a yardstick for your own. I know some of the goals I set for myself don't come naturally but I work at them. I prefer instead to think of the possibilities and so should you. I'm no good at athletics for example but I like running (ahem, jogging... occasionally), I wasn't particularly academic at school (I preferred to draw!). Art, technical drawing or woodwork and I was happy as Larry!

Comparing doesn't work. I bet if you put a brain surgeon into your job, they couldn't do it as well as you because they don't have your skills or experience (provided you're not a brain surgeon already that is!), and this is true for all of us. We each have our own unique skills and abilities, and we should focus on them and what we're best at. Furthermore, you probably already know where your skills and interests lie.

"The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make
a living at doing what they most enjoy" ~ Malcolm Forbes

I was always told I was too interested in other people - and now I get the opportunity to use that interest by helping put people in front of resources which make use of the skills and talents they already possess. And in the process, create success their way!

To YOUR success!