Thursday 22 March 2012

The Importance Of Setting Your Own Wage

The first time I read in Napoleon Hill's great book "Think and Grow Rich" in 1983 I confess I missed the significance of developing a wealth consciousness, or a buring desire for money. It is upon this one point that so much depends I now realise. I think Jesse B. Rittenhouse sums up my point in his poem 'Wage' really well:

I bargained with life for a penny,
And life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store;
For life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.
I worked for a menial's hire,
Only to learn dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of life,
Life would have paid.

Napoleon Hill suggests that by develping and nurturing a money consciousness, that is, a desire for a specific amount of money, our obsession for money impresses our subconscious mind to the point where it hands over to us, in the form of a flash of inspiration, a plan by which we may accummulate the money. Stop for a moment and think of the power of that statement. In fact, read it again until it really sinks in (it could save you years of effort and trial and error!). There is truth and magic in these words, and each and every one of us has access to this great power. Can you imagine an exact amount of money you'd like? That's the easy part. Now make it an obsession, and your subconscious mind WILL present you with a plan and the best means possible for accummulating the money. Imagine...

To those who have read the book this is no secret, but my point is why do so many of us ignore this great secret of wealth accummulation, and search outside of ourselves for someone else's plan? We do this in jobs, 'opportunities' and other such schemes, and if we only had the foresight to look within ourselves and make use of this God given ability just think what could be accomplished? But why does this work? Mr Hill draws our attention to a famous quote from William Ernest Henley who wrote "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" and the missing element we are the masters of our fate and the captains of our souls BECAUSE we have the power to control our thoughts. How does this help?

Our brains become magnetised with the dominating thoughts we hold in our minds. And by means by which no man is familiar, these magnetic forces attract to us the forces, the people and the circumstances of life which harmonise with the nature of our dominating thoughts. Incredible. So, in order to accumulate riches in great abundance we must magnetise our minds with intense desire for riches that we become so money conscious that the desire for money drives us to create definite plans for acquiring it. Do you have your plan? Are you cultivating a money consciousness? Are you making use of this inate talent for creating all the wealth you could possibly desire? If not, you'll always have someone else telling you what to do, and you surely don't want that do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment